Monday, January 28, 2013

Saturday, January 26-Sunday, January 27, 2013



January 26, 2013

There was another tough decision for the Four Florida Well Fed Foggies today. What did we want to do until the Hausers moved to their condo in Fort Myers? Barb and I convinced to guys to do a bit of shopping with us.

We returned to Walgreens intending to buy another t-shirt. Barb and I had each bought one earlier in the week and we found them to be very comfortable. But as often happens with some of us, we left the store with a whole lot more than two t-shirts!



We also went back to the local flea market.


There is a vendor there that sells sandals made from recycled tires. These shoes are very comfortable on me and Barb was looking for a pair in her small hard to find size. And sure enough, she was able to get a pair for herself.


Cordell and Jim wandered over to another vendor who was selling sports clothing, etc. Lo and behold, this man had Baltimore Ravens stuff. I bought a t-shirt for myself and Cordell got a hat.


This is the first time in the life of this long time Redskin fan that I have bought something from another team for myself. But, if the Redskins are not playing in the Super Bowl, I surely want the team from Maryland to win.

So the Hausers left us after a week of wonderful fellowship. But, we will meet again for church tomorrow and we will be visiting them at Fort Myers Beach before they leave the area.


Sunday, January 27, 2013

We had a very lazy day and spent a good part of it “chilling” again on our lanai. A few egrets were fishing along the banks. I wonder where all those other fowl we saw on Friday are now and what they are doing? Cordell spied a snake swimming in the lake.


Half of our time here in Florida has already passed. I am trying to soak up enough of this warm weather to tide me over for when I get back to Maryland so I can endure until spring arrives. Most of the people I have met from Canada and the northern U.S. stay here through March or April.

We did enjoy attending another service at Hope Lutheran Church this morning with Jim and Barb. The worship team has at least three people playing guitars and I think Jim could identify with them. There was a guest pastor there today, Rev. John Roth, who is going to be planting a church with a focus on ministry to students at a local college. He appears to be a very gifted pastor. I especially like the way he presents his message—standing in front of the congregation and not in a pulpit and not reading from a written sermon. I don’t know if this is a style that is encouraged by the Missouri Synod, but the regular Pastor at Hope Lutheran does the same as does Pastor Paul at my home church.

We spent a very quiet evening and are ready to receive another good friend, Melli, who will be arriving tomorrow. Then we will begin geocaching in earnest!




















 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

wish I could get down there, then we could begin shopping in earnest.:)