Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday, January 11, 2013

“TGIF”--it doesn’t seem to mean the same to us as when we both were working full time. This day we went into old Bonita Springs. There is a huge banyan tree that we wanted Alyson to see and she was impressed.

  

 

We stopped to take a photo at a thrift store because Alyson felt like the name described us—we are fully retired, but she thinks we are treasures!



 


We also spent a few hours at the Flamingo Island Flea Market. Cordell was very helpful carrying our packages and taking them to the car.












































We ate lunch when we were halfway through the market.








Alyson bought a dress that I think looks very nice on her. She also bought a purse that I admired, but it was too small for this grandmother. Besides, I couldn’t put much geocaching supplies in it!
























We probably could have spent all the day looking at so many things, but we all wanted to spend some time at our community swimming pool. The community has a large pool at the clubhouse with beverage and food service. Our section has a smaller pool with a hot tub and that is where we decided to spend our afternoon.



I had forgotten that pools here are heated and we discovered that this one is kept at 82°. We figure that it is kept at such a high temperature because there are so many old people here!

 

















 

Alyson found a unique way to take a nap at poolside.







We had another quick dinner at the condo and then we raced to the grocery store to pick up a few essentials: beer, snacks and ice cream. I was anxious to get back because we were expecting a video call with our youngest granddaughter who had her 8th birthday today. I am so thankful for this technology. She tells us that she would like to be here with us and we tell her to jump on an airplane and we will go to the airport and pick her up just like we did Alyson!





2 comments:

Melli said...

82 degrees? Are they CRAZY! Half the old people down there are still havin' HOT FLASHES!!! ...that's crazy...

Anonymous said...

Great day of shopping! And so thankful for Cordell, our longsufferingly patient gopher. :)
Also, the Banyan tree was definitely one of my favorite things that I've seen down here!!
-Alyson