Sunday, February 24, 2013
This is my daughter-in-law, Corinne’s birthday. Since she
spent some time with us earlier in the month we have already celebrated her
special day with her.
We went back to Hope Lutheran Church today and it was our
8th visit there. They recently had a golf outing event that raised
$16,343.00 for their Learning Center.
Once we got back to our condo, we stayed in for the rest
of the day. I had gotten behind in writing posts for our blog, so was able to
spend time getting it current.
Our thoughts are beginning to turn back north now since
we will be checking out of this home away from home on Thursday. We are not
sure if we are going to be able to deal with cold temperatures again.
Monday, February 25, 2013
We spent some time at Delanor-Wiggins Pass State Park
today. This is our favorite beach and we just can’t seem to get enough time there. It most likely is our last time at the beach
here in southwest Florida for this year.
There were a lot of people there today. As we were
leaving, there were cars lined up at the entrance gate. I am almost positive
that they were not allowed to come in until someone went out.
We had our highest temperature today since we have been
here. It was 89° at 1:00 p.m. The water temperature at the park was 72° and I
noted that the air temperature in Dunkirk was 34°. Wow—what a difference! But, it is going
to be cooling down later this week so it might be easier for us to leave.
I attended a follow-up workshop at the club for a session
on writing our memoirs. We all shared a bit of the stories we have started. I
read parts of my Pennington family story and I was greatly surprised how well
it was received and by the positive comments and suggestions that were made.
Everyone had wonderful stories and the class agreed that everybody has a story
that they should write down and preserve for their children and grandchildren.
2 comments:
Ohhhhhh... with only two days left I'M getting sad for you now! It has been so cold and drab and dreary here lately... Maybe YOU will bring the SUNSHINE up to us!!! Thaaaat would be niiiiiice! And at least once you get here, it should only be a few weeks until NICE weather really does settle in again! I'm so DONE with winter.... and we have been sO blessed to not even have much snow this year! Yet. There's still lots of possibility... but we seem to be out of the "track" this year! I hope it stays that way! Just a few more weeks!
Glad to hear your story went well! I knew it would! :)
I have missed you both and look forward to return to MD. I have been enjoying your blog and do feel a bit sad for you both to be leaving the sunshine state. It was beautiful today.. Almost 60 but its not going to last:(
See you soon!
Post a Comment