How time flies when you’re having fun!! We have had a
marvelous time doing so many things together while Janelle and Corinne were
here with us in Bonita Springs. They returned to Maryland late this afternoon. I
am so grateful that Corinne arranged for this visit with us. Since Janelle is
home schooled, adjustments could be made in her schedule to allow for a few
days off.
We took Janelle to our community pool for one last swim.
This was our view while floating around in the pool. No snow clouds in that sky!
Then back to our condo for lunch and packing baggage.
While waiting around for the time to leave, Janelle and I played mancala, a
board game I had never even heard of before today. I quickly found out that
this game is not one of my strengths because she won every single game.
She
also spent some time using Cordell's iPad.
Too soon for me, it was time to head for the airport in
Fort Myers, where we left Janelle and Corinne at curb side. Since they were using carry-on
baggage only, they only had to pass through security and then go to their
departure gate. Seems very easy compared to the airports at home.
As has become our custom, Cordell and I decided to look
for some geocaches since we were out and about anyway. Less than one hour after leaving the
airport, we had our first cache in hand. We continued on and found 4 more
caches--the last one which was in the parking lot at Sun Harvest Citrus. This
delightful store sells Indian River citrus, fresh-squeezed juices, gourmet
foods, candies, gifts and more.
I think it is almost impossible to go into this
store and not buy anything. Today, we ordered a gift box of oranges,
grapefruits, mixed nuts and coconut patties to be sent to our next door neighbors
who are watching our house while we away.
We had thought we might eat dinner at a restaurant, but
then changed our mind. We came “home” and had a gourmet meal of hotdogs and
sides. It doesn't compare to alligator fritters, but I much prefer it!
It sure was quiet around our place for the rest of the
evening!


1 comment:
Yea... that first day without Janelle must have been just a little lonesome. I LOVE mancala! I shall have to challenge her! :)
Post a Comment