Sunday, February 24, 2013

Friday, February 22, 2013



Today was the 20th birthday of our niece, Alyson. She has always liked chocolate. So, in honor of her we ate chocolate chip pancakes on our lanai this morning. We thought it was appropriate since she had spent a week here in Bonita Springs with us in January. We reminded her that she told us she would not be able to make any more foolish teenage decisions---like eating ice cream for dinner as she did while she was with us. As I recall it was a 2-1 vote whether to do it or wait for a normal dinner.












 




After breakfast, we discussed what we might want to do today. Both of us felt like we did not want to go to the pool or the beach--such tough choices. We agreed that we we'd rather look for some more geocaches because it is more fun for us in this warm weather than it is in the cold weather at home. So we made a plan and headed out.


We met three geocachers in a park who were not able to solve the first stage of a two part cache. It required us to find the Florida State Tree--but there was more than one in the park. We put our heads together and Cordell made a quick find. I think they were impressed.


Later, we found 2 caches at the same site. Cordell thought he had found it and I knew I had found it and we each thought the other was crazy! Turns out that someone could not find the cache and reported it missing. So the cache owner asked someone else to replace it for him.


 It seems to us that the colors of the sky and clouds are more vivid here and wonder if that is because there is less smog here.

 


While we were out, we saw a partial rainbow, but there never was any rain where we were. I sure wish I could have found that pot of gold and then we would extend our stay here for a couple of more months.




1 comment:

Melli said...

Ohhhh dear. Your time there is nearing it's end. :( You have a few more days! You still might find that pot!!! :) There's always HOPE!

Joanne and I went caching yesterday in and around Watkins Park... it was 52 and sunny and I did a lot of the caching in just my t-shirt! By the LAST cache of the day though, we were FREEEEEZING! The temp had dropped about 20 degrees and the WIND was just evil! We were glad to call it a day at that point and went and had a nice dinner together!